Hello Google Cloud Community,
My name is Rakhmat Hidayat, and I need assistance with an old Google Cloud project that I no longer use.
Project Information:
-
Project Name: (PII Removed by Staff)
-
Project ID: (PII Removed by Staff)
-
Google Account: (PII Removed by Staff)
The Problem:
I would like to delete this old Google Cloud project, but I cannot do so because my personal Google account does not have the Owner role.
My account is listed in the IAM permissions with several roles, including API Keys Admin, Cloud Datastore User, Cloud Run Viewer, and Firebase User. However, it does not have Owner permissions.
I also noticed that the Owner role appears to be assigned to a Google-managed service account.
I have tried to grant the Owner role to my personal Google account, but the “Grant Access” button is disabled and cannot be clicked.
As a result:
-
I cannot assign the Owner role to my personal Google account.
-
I cannot delete the old project.
-
I cannot manage the project as its owner.
My Questions:
-
Is there any way to transfer or assign the Owner role to my personal Google account?
-
Can Google Cloud Support help verify ownership and grant the necessary permissions?
-
If ownership cannot be transferred, is there another official way to request the deletion of this old project?
I no longer need this project and would like to remove it from my Google Cloud account.
My current Customer Care service is Basic (billing-only), so I would appreciate any guidance or alternative solutions available without purchasing a technical support plan.
Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Best regards,
Rakhmat Hidayat